Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ten years ago, today...

Ten years ago today, I found myself standing in the driveway cold and crying. I could hardly put one foot in front of the other. With help from God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, I was able to move on. All my family and friends came along side me and helped me move one foot in front of the other. Some days it was only a minute at a time, then I moved on to hours and days, and now years. Forgiveness came a long time ago now, and that helps the pain as well.
I watched my children suffer in pain, then start to grow and then also forgive. I watched them marry two wonderful believers and start a life together. It delights my soul to watch Amanda teach her children Bible stories and songs. And knowing that Bobby and Sara will be doing the same thing soon.
I find myself so much more content and happy now. I have a wonderful family and friends that add much delight to my life. God is Good and may we praise His Name forever.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing Diana. We love you and your family!

jerarbw said...

I love you Mom!

Bobby and Sara said...

I Love you mom, and I'll always be here for you.

Holly said...

You are such a strong woman, Diana. I admire that very much about you.

Anonymous said...

You are loved! Luke and Jess